Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Happy First Day of Fall

It's Fall, my favorite time of the year. I love the crispness in the air, the cooler evenings and all the fun Harvest Time events going on this time of year. Though I hate raking up all the leaves, I do love playing in them and getting some great pictures of my son and the dog playing in them too. Plus the cooler evenings make me want to scrapbook all the pictures I will be taking. This picture isn't of my yard, but I just love the colors.
It is time to start the Holiday Season. For us, that means Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Not to mention all the extra events that pop-up this time of year. So, I decided to get organized early, and try to cut down on the last minute surprises. I think a Holiday Planner is just the ticket. What is a Holiday Planner you ask? It is a cute little booklet designed out of envelopes to help you organize and keep track of everything you need to get through the Holiday Season.
This is the front cover of my Holiday Planner. I used 3 larger envelopes (6x8). Each envelope is folded in half. You can use more envelopes if you need more planning space. I decorated with the Sparkle and Shine Paper Pack and Embellishments from CTMH. This particular Paper Collection isn't still available, but there are some great new collections that will work too.
The first section has two pockets, and the flap has been removed from the envelope. I put four cards with tabs on them into the pockets (2 on each side.) The tabs can be used for shopping or to-do lists, gift ideas, recipes, etc. I am thinking of adding a small monthly calender to each tab (Sept-Dec) just to help with the planning.
The middle section is an envelope with the flap still attached. I simple cut the flap in the middle and took out a small v-shaped area to allow it to open easier after being folded. This section is great for receipts, tickets, cards, or anything else that might need to be tucked in for safe keeping.
The last section is just like the first. Open pockets with 4 tabbed cards tucked in. If you don't need this many tabbed cards, you could just leave them out. If you used bigger envelopes, so that the pocket was bigger, you might even be able to tuck a few blank holiday cards or thank you notes in for quick access. A silk ribbon is secured across the back and front covers. The ribbon can be pulled to allow a pen loop on the spine. Then, tie the ends in a neat bow and your planner is all secure.
I think this simple planner could be used for lots of planning situations beyond just the holidays. If you would like the complete directions, please email me at lfaris68@gmail.com.
And don't forget time is running out to enter to win the Scaredy Cat Collection I am giving away on 9/30/14. Leave a comment below and let me know what you're working on and you will be entered.

No comments:

Post a Comment