Friday, August 29, 2014

Finished Mini Paper Bag Album

It took several tries, but I finally got the hang of the Mini Paper Bag Album. I started out using regular tan lunch sacks and my leftovers from the Arianna paper pack. Didn't love the finished look, and I did a lousy job with the spine.  So, I started over.






This time, I used a mix of miscellaneous papers I had on hand, that seemed to work together.  I used six of the tan lunch bags again.  The bags are 5" wide, and I cut the tops of the bags off to make the page 7 1/2" tall.


After that I created the small tags to tuck into the pockets.  I made mine 2  1/2" x 3".  Then larger tags that tuck into the actual bag at the top of the page. These are 7"x4".

I made a flap for one side of each bag.  I choice to have my flap on the back side of the bag, the side without the bottom folded up.  My flap was 5 1/2" wide and 7" tall.  I scored in 1" down the long side and used a liquid glue to attach the flap into the fold of the bag.

On the other side of the bag, I used the liquid glue to glue the bottom to the side of the bag and create a pocket. I decorated this side of the bag before I glued.

From here, I decorated all the pages and flaps.  All the pages are the same size, so you can cut each part of the page 6 times... Once for each page (bag).


Creating the spine was a bit tricky, and I got the info off YouTube.  I watched several videos and ultimately just sort of came up with my own happy medium.  Once I had a spine, I attached the bags to the spine using double-sided tape.  Attach the bag to the spine in the opposite fold of the bag from your flap.

The I added my cover and decorated my cover.  I added a ribbon to the front and back cover so I can tie the album closed.


Very fun to make and great for photos, cards, tickets, notes, etc.  A cute keepsake too.

I think I will get some colored craft bags and make a few more.  I can't wait to try this with black bags and the CTMH Yuletide paper packet and embellishments for a holiday album.  Coral or blue bags with the CTMH Seaside collection ...

Oh the choices. What can you come up with?



No comments:

Post a Comment