Monday, August 24, 2015

August Stamp Of The Month Designs

I finally got a chance to sit and play with the August Stamp of The Months Set. How cute is this set? Frames that can be switched up to go with any of the sayings.

I decided to make a few cards using the Zoe Paper Collections. I started out making a Best Wishes card.

My camera doesn't seem to pickup the color a clearly as I would like, because these colors are just gorgeous. I will be shopping for a new camera soon.

My next card was a Thank You card.

This time I used a piece of the Glacier Hounds Tooth print from the Zoe Collection. I love working with Glacier as a color. It is so versatile. I used a piece of the Glacier Thick Twine to make a bow under the stamp and adhered it with a dot of Liquid Glass.

If you have never used Liquid Glass, this stuff is wonderful. You can use it for so much. It makes stamped eyes glossy looking, because it dries clear, but is also a great adhesive for almost anything.

My last card is a Birthday Card. I wanted to show all three frame styles, and how they can be used with different sentiments, but I didn't have time to use all the sentiments.

The Sorbet and White Dot paper from the Zoe Papers worked well for this and felt festive. Since the Close To My Heart Printed Paper in the Collections comes with a small decorative strip across the top that you have to cut off to make it 12" x 12", I decided to use the strip this time. It was a strip with months and dates on it, so I used it like trim on the card and adhered it going out from the left side of the card.

I hope my simple cards give you some great ideas for what you could do with this stamp set. I know I can never have enough Thank you or Happy Birthday cards on hand.

Card Recipes (all Close To My Heart Products):

All used Colonial White Cards for base 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (X1410)

Colonial White Cardstock (1388)

and August Framed Stamp Of The Month (S1508)

Best Wishes:

- Sorbet Card Stock (X5751)

- Honeycomb Embossing Folder (Z1995)

- Gold Shimmer Trim (Z1985)

- Whimsy Exclusive Mini Pigment Inks - Sorbet (Z2504)

- Basics Exclusive Mini Pigment Inks - Slate (Z2503)

- Coral Shimmer Trim (Z3088)

- Coral Reef Sequins (Z3042)

- Memory Book Mini Glue Dots (Z341)

Thanks:

- Zoe Collection - Glacier Hounds Tooth Paper (X7197B)

- Whimsy Exclusive Mini Pigment Inks - Glacier and Canary (Z2504)

- Glacier Extra Thick Twine (Z3039)

- Oceanside Sequins (Z3041)

- Liquid Glass (Z679)

- Memory Book Mini Glue Dots (Z341)

Happy Birthday:

- Zoe Collection - Sorbet Dots Paper (X7197B)

- Whimsy Exclusive Mini Pigment Inks - Sweet Pea and Sorbet (Z2504)

No comments:

Post a Comment